about UH | who we are
Who We Are
United Hospice is a not-for-profit organization that has provided hospice care, emotional support and bereavement support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends throughout Orange and Rockland counties.
For nearly 35 years, our highly skilled and compassionate team of nurses, home health aides, social workers, physicians, spiritual care providers, therapists and volunteers have provided care for those suffering from serious illnesses at home or in other settings of their choosing.
- Honoring Life
- Giving Care
- Bringing Comfort
United Hospice strives to create a community where all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the highest quality care and support that hospice offers.
Our Shared Values
United Hospice is committed to our mission of honoring life, giving care and bringing comfort to our patients and their families. To ensure that we are fulfilling our mission, our directors, staff, and volunteers are obligated to uphold and promote our Shared Values – Excellence, Compassion, Integrity and Teamwork. Our Shared Values define what we are, what we do, and what we aspire to be.
Our Shared Values are upheld by the entire United Hospice staff at all times throughout their service to our patients and their families.
- We assure that our staff and volunteers are well-trained, respected, and provided with the education and support needed for their professional and personal growth.
- We are recognized as a community leader for our care and serve as an expert in the industry.
- We strive for continuous improvement in all our work.
- We value the dignity of those we serve. We uphold their right to self-determination and respect their right to choose.
- We embrace families and loved ones as our partners in providing care.
- We are guided by kindness, consideration, and respect in caring for our patients and their loved ones.
- We treat patients, their families, and one another as we wish to be treated.
- We adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
- We respect and embrace the variety of cultural and religious traditions within our community.
- We accept responsibility for our actions and honor our commitments.
- We are responsible stewards for all resources provided to us.
- We value the contributions made by all team members, blending the skills of our entire organization in unsurpassed collaboration to ensure we achieve successful outcomes.
- We support each other’s efforts, are respectful of one another, value each other’s knowledge, and promote team wellness.
- We are richer and stronger because of our diversity which unifies us in providing outstanding care.