Social Worker, Hospice Residence-LMSW Required
Part-Time, Benefit Eligible - Bilingual (English/Spanish)a Plus!!
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice, that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position for the Joe Raso Hospice Residence:
Title: Social Worker
Location Joe Raso Hospice Residence - Rockland County, New York
Schedule: Day Shift (includes weekend rotations)
- LMSW or LCSW Required. Must be licensed by the State of New York.
- Must have at least two years of supervised experience in the health field or two years’ experience in family therapy/counseling.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish a plus.
- Must receive certification in hospice and palliative care within three year of hire date and maintain certification during employment.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population and workforce in a personable and effective manner.
- Ability to relate to the terminally ill and their families.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, internet and EMR.
- Contributes to patient and family counseling and education.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary comprehensive assessment.
- Assesses patient/family psychosocial response to the terminal illness and evaluate coping skills.
- Assists team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the care of the terminally ill patient and family.
- Coordinates with team members to plan and implement the hospice plan of care.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and professional written records, and charts relevant information in a timely fashion, following UH documentation standards.
- Participates in and is actively involved with the bereavement portion of the program as appropriate.
- Participates in volunteer and staff education programs.
- Participates in QAPI program and hospice sponsored in-service training.
- Maintains Point of Service documentation at a minimum rate of 80%.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
- Incorporates organization’s commitment to customer service and continuous quality improvement into daily work habits. This includes promoting positive co-worker and teamwork relationships and supporting the goals and mission as set forth by the agency.
This is a part-time position and benefits eligible
Cover letter and resume may be submitted to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer