RN On-Call-Evening/Part-Time, Rockland County
On-Call, Evening RN, Part-Time Rockland
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Part Time Evening RN On Call
Location: Rockland County, New York
Schedule: Alternating weekly - 3 Nights/4 Nights, including weekends and holidays
4:30 PM to 12:30 AM
- Actively participates in coordination of all aspects of patient’s care, in accordance with current professional standards and practice.
- Professional Registered Nurse license to practice in New York State is required.
- Minimum of two years recent nursing experience in either hospice or hospital-based med/surg unit is required.
- Experience caring for terminally ill patients, home care, hospice and/or oncology preferred.
- An understanding and commitment to the hospice concept.
- Must possess strong clinical skills, with a working knowledge of medications, treatments and therapies for pain and symptom control.
- Ability to assess the needs of terminally ill patients to meet patient’s respective needs and establish Plan of Care.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and respond appropriately in crisis-oriented situations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and EMRs.
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to embrace cultural diversity with patient population and workforce with positive service delivery outcomes.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to reprioritize as needed.
- Valid NYS/NJ Driver’s License.
- Daily access to an automobile to be able to visit patients is required.
This is a part time position and is not benefits eligible.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer