Hospital Liaison RN-Rockland County, F/T
Hospital Liaison RN - Full/Time, Weekend Rotation Required
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Hospital Liaison (RN Required)
Location Rockland County, New York
Schedule Day Shift (to include weekend rotations)
· Registered Nurse licensed in NYS with minimum of five years’ experience with at least one-year acute care and two years hospice experience. BSN preferred.
· Ability to assess the needs of terminally ill patients and their families and to plan care to meet these needs.
· Demonstrates clinical competency; effective patient/staff teaching skills; ability to work independently without supervision, as well as within a team.
· Excellent listening and speaking skills.
· Ability to relate to a diverse population and workforce in a personable and effective manner
· CHPN highly desirable. If not certified, will successfully sit for exam within three (3) years of start of employment at UH.
· Must possess computer skills necessary for position.
· Must possess car, valid driver's license and current insurance. Willingness to drive in inclement weather.
· Develop a hospice presence in the hospital, attend and facilitate rounds and care conferences, confer with all health care providers for the primary purpose of increasing UH admissions.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with referral sources.
· Encourage timely consideration by facility staff and physicians for UH as an appropriate mode of care, assisting in identification of eligible clients, and attend relevant meetings.
· Meet with patients and families to assess eligibility, identify needs, explain hospice services and associated benefits, and arrange for and/or conduct hospice admission in absence of UH admission nurse.
· Serve as covering visit nurse for hospitalized UH patients in absence of regular staff.
· Work in conjunction with hospital case managers in reviewing the hospital daily census to identify appropriate patients, providing consultation and follow ups requested.
· Identify and develop new opportunities for increasing referrals.
· Identifies hospitalized nursing home residents who meet eligibility criteria and arrange for or conduct admission to UH prior to discharge.
· Participates in QAPI program and hospice sponsored in-service training in compliance with professional, regulatory and agency standards.
· Promote exemplary customer service to physicians, facility staff, patients, and families.
· Incorporates organization’s commitment to customer service and continuous quality improvement into daily work habits. This includes promoting positive co-worker and teamwork relationships within UH and supporting the goals and mission as set forth by the Agency.
· Participates in on-call rotation to handle new referrals when office is closed.