RN Case Manager – F/T-Orange County
Hospice RN – Full Time/Orange County
Day Schedule, Weekend Rotation Required
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Hospice RN – Full Time
Location: Orange County, New York
Schedule: Day Schedule
Weekend Rotation Required
- Actively participates in coordination of all aspects of patient’s care, in accordance with current professional standards and practice.
- In accordance with United Hospice policy, provides in-home visits throughout shift. Provides for the physical care of the patient, if needed during a nursing visit.
- Develops and evaluates Patient Plan of Care, documenting in EMR.
- Carries out a variety of treatments, procedures, and examinations.
- Assesses and implements appropriate response to situations in a timely manner.
- Contributes to patient and family counseling and education.
- Obtains necessary doctor's orders before administering care.
- Performs procedures within the scope of nursing practice as ordered by the primary physician.
- As needed, provides written instruction, demonstrates care, and assists the Home Health Aide (HHA) during in-home visits.
- Provides support at time of death.
- Triage calls from patient and their family.
- Within three (3) years of hire, will sit for and must pass the Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Certification Exam.
- Follows-up with and documents each call pertaining to requests for Information or referral to Hospice. Follows the intake process for all referrals, including scheduling an evaluation. Reviews the admission schedule, makes appointments accordingly and communicates with the Intake/Help Desk staff as needed.
- Arranges for transportation services and any Durable Medical Equipment as needed.
- Fields all calls from patients regarding concerns, issues, or complaints. Documents details and communicates each in writing, to both Manager Performance Improvement and Director of Clinical Services for handling and follow-up.
- Communicates with Administrator On-Call (AOC) to assist in prioritizing or managing emergencies as-needed.
- Participates in and remains compliant with, all required QAPI program and hospice sponsored in-service training.
- Incorporates organization’s commitment to customer service and continuous quality improvement into daily work habits.
- Communicates all pertinent issues to the Director of Nursing Services.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as assigned.
This is a full time benefits eligible position. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer