Home Health Aides (HHAs)-Rockland and Orange Counties
NYS Home Health Aide Certification (HHA) Required, Bilingual (English/Spanish) a Plus!
F/T, Benefits Eligible Positions
United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice, that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer and we are seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Home Health Aide (HHA)
Location: Multiple Locations-Rockland and Orange Counties
Schedule: Day Shift
- Follows Plan of Care established by hospice nurse.
- Actively participates in coordination of all aspects of patient’s care, in accordance with current professional standards and practice.
- Provides for the physical care of the patient, as stated in the HHA care plan, (example: bathing, toileting, skin care, etc.).
- Assists the patient with ambulation, transfers and turning and positioning as needed.
- Under the guidance and instruction on primary nurse or P.T, O.T. maintains a safe environment for patients which includes the proper use of equipment (i.e. wheelchair, Hoyer lift).
- Assists the nurse by reporting changes in the patient's condition or needs.
- Helps patient in performing exercises prescribed by appropriate professional personnel.
- Assists community patients in taking self-administered medication prescribed by physician.
- May plan and prepare meals for patient, feeds patient when necessary.
- Performs a variety of light housekeeping tasks when necessary which are essential to the patients' health care.
- Attends team meetings as needed.
- Attends in-service training to maintain current HHA certification as per NYS DOH requirements.
- Accepts additional responsibilities as assigned.
- NYS Home Health Aide (HHA) Certification required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working as an HHA required.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic first aid.
- Basic understanding and commitment to the hospice philosophy of care. Home care and/or hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member and use supervision effectively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning patient and family information.
- Must possess computer and email skills.
This is a full time benefits eligible position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer