United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Bereavement Coordinator
Location: Rockland County, New York
o Assignment of bereavement staff and/or volunteers to bereaved family members
o Conducting bereavement assessments in an efficient and timely manner
o Development, charting, and monitoring bereavement care plan
o Development of bereavement materials
o Attends and participates with staff in education sessions
o Staffs and monitors support groups and activities
o Development and implementation of bereavement training programs
o Develop bereavement evaluation instruments
o Provide statistical data as requested
· Master’s Degree and NYS Social Work license is required.
· Documented training and/or experience in hospice services, specifically in bereavement services and programming.
· Ability to function professionally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
· Thorough knowledge of dynamics of grief and bereavement.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Experience in volunteer training and supervision.
· Ability to understand and promote effective interaction among hospice team members.
· Experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
This is a full time benefits eligible position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer