United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: Assistant Director of Nursing, Full Time
Location: Rockland County, New York
Schedule: Day Schedule
AOC Rotation Required on Weekends
· Provides administrative and clinical supervision for all Community HHAs and RNs, ensuring performance standards are maintained according to all internal and external (JC and DOH) regulatory mandates.
· Recommends RNs for Team Lead roles. Supervises Team Leaders and serves as liaison between Team leads and Director of Nursing.
· Covers for RNs on an as needed basis, coordinating all aspects of patient’s care, in accordance with current professional standards and practice.
· Approves all requests for time off (PTO) for direct reports.
· In collaboration with HHA Coordinator, schedules and makes certain mandatory HHA supervisions are conducted on a timely and compliant basis.
· Provides coverage for Director of Nursing, in his/her absence and provides coverage for the HHA Coordinator’s scheduling responsibilities in his/her absence.
· Participates in Administrative On-Call (AOC) rotation.
· Coordinates and schedules student nurses as needed.
· Conducts patient record reviews, to include EMR (electronic medical records) on a scheduled and impromptu basis. Documents and tracks all findings. Devises plans of improvement and corrective action as needed. Formally communicates findings and recommendations to Director of Nursing.
· Prepares scheduled and special Performance Reviews for all Direct Reports.
· Participates in and remains compliant with, all required QAPI program and hospice sponsored in-service training.
· Provides leadership to all direct reports by serving as mentor, creating a positive work culture and cohesive team.
· Promotes the professional growth of all Community Nursing staff and Home Health Aides through coaching, mentoring and continuous training.
· In collaboration with the Clinical Educator, assists in the development and implementation of staff education and orientation programs for direct reports.
· Accepts additional responsibilities as assigned.
· NYS RN License and BSN or Master’s in Nursing required.
· Minimum of two years supervisory experience required with at least five years clinical nursing experience in either hospice or hospital-based med/surg nursing.
· Admission and end-of-life care experience preferred.
· Will have the Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Certification, or within three years of hire will sit for and pass exam for certification.
· Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
· Experience caring for terminally ill patients, home care, hospice and/or oncology preferred.
· An understanding and commitment to the hospice concept.
· Exceptional listening and communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and EMRs.
· Familiarity with medical software and equipment
· Ability to embrace cultural diversity with patient population and workforce with positive service delivery outcomes.
· Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to reprioritize as needed.
This is a full time benefits eligible position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer