United Hospice is a community-based, not-for-profit hospice that provides care and support to thousands of your neighbors, colleagues and friends in Rockland and Orange County, New York.
United Hospice envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer. We are currently seeking to fill the following two (2) positions:
Title: Admissions RN, Full Time-2 positions
Location: Rockland County and Orange County, New York
Schedule: Day Schedule
Weekend Rotation Required
· Meets with patient/family at home, inpatient facility or in UH office to explain UH services and assess patient/family needs
· Contributes to patient and family counseling and education
· If inpatient, works with hospital discharge planners to effect timely and coordinated patient discharge. If appropriate will admit patient as inpatient
· Conducts assessment of patient/family needs at initial visit and explains UH philosophy, services and Advance Directives.
· Conducts admission which includes: obtaining patient information, performing physical and pain assessment, obtaining necessary consents and authorizations, preparing initial nursing plan of care, preparing HHA care plan and supervising HHA when applicable, obtaining initial medical orders, communicating with other team members as applicable
· Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary comprehensive assessment
· Assists Intake Coordinators with referral, computer input as needed
· Assists Admissions Coordinator with additional admissions procedures as needed
· Participates in weekend evaluation rotation and in "on-call" weekend rotation as appropriate
· Participates in QAPI program and hospice sponsored in-service training
· Accepts additional responsibilities as assigned.
· NYS RN License.
· Minimum of two years recent clinical nursing experience in either hospice or hospital-based med/surg nursing.
· Admission and end-of-life care experience preferred.
· Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
· Experience caring for terminally ill patients, home care, hospice and/or oncology preferred.
· An understanding and commitment to the hospice concept.
· Exceptional listening and communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and EMRs.
· Familiarity with medical software and equipment
· Ability to embrace cultural diversity with patient population and workforce with positive service delivery outcomes.
· Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to prioritize as needed.
These are full time benefits eligible positions.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
United Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer